A question for all you people whove quit smoking? -

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A question for all you people whove quit smoking? -


what kind of medication/treatment worked for you and also how many tries did it take you to quit?
It took me (3) different tries years apart.
I have had many people tell me to just quit cold turkey. (Easier said than done!) There are more additives in tobacco now than there were years ago when a lot of people did quit cold turkey.
I tried the over-the-counter-patches the first time and DID NOT smoke -with- the patches- I landed in the emergency room almost over-dosed on the nicotene! And was only using the 2mg the whole time (which was suppose to be the last and lowest dosage of the patch).
The second time I tried the newer Rx called Chantix. It did not work for me, but I had not fully made my mind up that I really wanted to quit at that time. It has worked well for a lot of others I know.
The third time I went with the -Final Smoke- package of all natural ingredients with No tobacco or nicotene. I wanted to quit and stayed with it and IT DID WORK. I ordered mine off the TV. But I think you can go to :

http://www.finalsmoke.com

to get it. It is also safe to take along with other medications (although it does give a warning to check with your doctor first). Some people who are diabetic - such have more major health problems do need to check with their doctor first.
This worked really good for helping me to quit and it is all natural. It helps with cravings, side effects, dizziness, nausea and other side effects with quitting smoking.
I guess I-m one of the rare few that quit -cold turkey- and stuck to it. It-s been almost 5 years now since I-ve had a smoke. ~ You can do anything you set your mind to! Good luck!
Why smoke it when you can drink it.. I am now an alcoholic.
Chew sugarless gum............it helps keep your mind off it. Brush your teeth often, it makes your mouth feel fresh, and remind you of how nasty the taste of smoking is. One thing to avoid is replacing smoking with overeating. I gained a lot of weight the first time I quit because I was constantly eating to keep me mind off smoking.
You have to just quit cold turkey. Not till the end of a pack or after a specific event, just realize the facts, and they are:

1) Smoking is very unhealthy and can kill you

2) It is expensive. You would save a lot of maony by not smoking.

3) It is a turn off for a lot of people, so by smoking you are decreasing your value a little bit.

4) It really doen-t even do that much for you (if you are talking about cigarettes, right?). Doesn-t really get you high or make you feel better.

Hope this helps. It is tough to quit smoking especially if you get stressed out and just say F it, I need to get some smokes. Try to chew gum instead (regular gum) or do something healthy.
it took God dear. no medicine or program helped. i had to replace on addictive habit with another. i got into fitness. working out religiously.
it took me about 3 months, i kept a picture of Jesus ( the brown tinted kind) out in the open so i could look at it and pray to it. I bought lots of red licorice and kept eating it and taking lecithin, vitamin Bcomplex, and multivitamins if needed you could take valerian once in a while, i didn-t know about it back then.i think i ate sunflower seeds too.give yrself a pat on the back for asking.
i am a smoker for 5 years...not just a smoker but a chain smoker...(12-15 packs a day)...then suddenly i realized that i-m already abusing my body....my lungs in particular...so i tried to research on how to quit smoking..the fastest way....

i read a lot of articles...blogs...forum about smoking....i copy it all and i carefully study what really makes them stop from smoking...its not the medicine...its not any treatment or therapy...

what i found out is that -DISCIPLINE- is the most important to stop smoking....this is the most common principle to stop smoking....

i already stop smoking for 3 years now and no medicine nor therapy cure me....it-s just the word -discipline- that makes my bad habit to stop...


i think that it...hope you try it...coz it works on me...
When I quit smoking 20 years ago from 3 packs a day, I started running 3 miles a day. There-s nothing like making your lungs work hard to realize what the cigarettes have been doing. Also, I told myself that I could have a cigarette anytime I wanted one, I just didn-t want one right now. Four years later, I tallied up all the money I-d saved and bought myself a diamond ring. Good luck. You can do it. By the way, I didn-t use anything but my mind, but it-s fine if you want to use the gum. I wouldn-t use that new medication Chantix though. It-s causing problems for some people.
I quit cold-turkey-13 yrs. ago. Just quit, just do it, it will be the smartest thing you will ever do. Just think about how gross it makes your hair and clothes and breath smell, and how much you hate coughing up
nasty pleghm. Think about how you don-t want to die of lung cancer-my aunt died that way-from smoking. I know it took me several tries to quit-but now-I would NEVER ever start smoking again-I think it-s the nastiest smelliest habit!
Chantix is a miracle :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Gums and Patches did nothing for me.
A question for all you people whove quit smoking? -