WHen I use to smoke I could run a far way then I quit smoking and couldnt run as far and now ive started? -

Sunday, August 5, 2007

WHen I use to smoke I could run a far way then I quit smoking and couldnt run as far and now ive started? -


smoking again and can run farther than ever. . Does anyone know why?
I have experienced this first hand as well. I-m a smoker of 17 years and whenever I quit smoking, within 2-3 days, it becomes significantly harder to run. The reason I can offer, keep in mind I-m not a doctor, is fluid in the lungs. When you stop smoking, your cicilia can start to work agian and your lungs temporarly experience a decline in efficiency. The cicilia will start to move all the tar from the bottom of your lungs to your mouth, where you can spit it out. It should have never gotten there in the first place, lol. Anyway, give it a couple of months, and you will be faster than your previous timings.
probably because your training your heart to work harder under the conditions you are putting it under and thus its adapting to those pressures. it may also be your weight, as smoking obviously helps you lose weight and therefore less baggage when you run means the further you go. for now you will only see positive effects but it will catch up to you later and it wont be worth it. quit now while your not dieing of cancer or lung disease, please!
That doesn-t make any sense. Everyone knows that smoking is bad for your respiratory system. How important is -running far- to you? Is it worth risking cancer?
WHen I use to smoke I could run a far way then I quit smoking and couldnt run as far and now ive started? -