What do you think about side effects of chantrix to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What do you think about side effects of chantrix to quit smoking? -


i see people say its had bad side effects and cost too much,lung cancer has alot worse side effects and to continue to smoke cost lot more than chantrix.i personaly would recomend it. it worked for me
I saw on the news that there was a couple taking Chantrix to quit together. The man and woman were having weird dreams and would discuss them. One night the man was sleep walking and started to attack his girlfriend. Scared to death she ran to the neighbors, the neighbors thought it was a stranger and shot the man to death. I know quitting is the best option but because I-m trying to quit as well this gives me some concern. Has anyone else read this story or heard this on the news like I did?
I also recommend it. It worked for me and the only side effects I had were vivid dreams and an occasional headache (but I-m not sure the headaches were even from the chantix, could have just been withdrawals.) I think when someone does have a bad reaction, or just thinks they have it gets alot more media attention than when everything goes to plan.

The reason you cant use nicotine with it is that it blocks the nicotine receptors. The sucess rate with Chantix is ridiculously higher than with the nicotine replacement stuff! Something like 30% quit with Chantix compared to 5% with nicotine replacement. The Fing cigarette companies market nicorette and all that, so they-re out for money not your health.

I quit smoking 11 months ago, I used Chantix for 2.5 months a totall cost of like 200$ (less than what I would have spent on cigarettes) I-m totally over it now. My boyfriend (who smoked for 7 less years than I did) quit at the same time with the gum, he struggled and still does to this day. To this day he STILL chews the gum (hundreds more $ than me at this point.)
it does cost alot more than other produces for smoking cessation. and the big draw back is that you cannot use tobacco replacement produces with it. It has been statistically shown that there is a greater amount of people that are cured of their addiction with using several products, like the gum, the patch, and maybe wellbutrin. So, while it worked great for you overall the other stuff works better. And with so many people without health insurance or health insurance that wont cover chantrix it is too expensive of a medication.
What do you think about side effects of chantrix to quit smoking? -