Can I quit smoking permanently? -

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Can I quit smoking permanently? -


I think I have what is known as an oral fixation with smoking. I know it-s horrible for me, but yet I continue depsite my husband-s discouragement. I-m a reasonably intelligent individual, although I think I may be addicted not only psychologically, but now chemically!
the best way to answer is perhaps to know the limits
of being bored and then compensate..

for instince i still have issues with being bored and injoying
such moments that i should not take for granted..

good question..

mdg
i know what you mean. i have stopped smoking after to many years, have now quit for over 2 years now, but my mouth still hungers after a ciggie, not my body - just my mouth. i never thought i could quit as i don-t cope very well not having a fix, i stuck to it with zyban. now i don-t smoke. the great thing about that is the savings. we go out, buy and travel so much more now that i don-t puff all that money away. try and stay positive when quitting. but also remember you must want to give it up for yourself, not for others as it really doesn-t work.
it-s hard but it-s possible. if my dad stopped smoking after years of smoking, you can if you are really determined too.....
It is very hard to quit that nasty stuff but it is still possible. cigs are more addictive than crack(seriously). I have never known anyone to quit for good but I still think it is possible.
you have to quit smoking as soon as possible. it is dangerous especially for a married woman. after pregnancy it leads to abnormal foetal development. meditation can be done to calm your mind. regular excercise can increase your vital capacity of ur lungs. it leads to bad breath , so it can lead to ur turn off . it is also problematic for ur husband to tolerate. get rid of it gradually by practising every day and resolve not to smoke.
nicotine is the hardest habit to break. go to a support group if you can find one, for psychological help and try to replace your oral fixation with something healthier. thats why nicorete gum works so well. good luck.
i know 2 people that quit after hypnotism, one seven years now and the other three years. i-m going to try it.
anyone can quit. It takes alot of determination though. You could use a patch or candy to help
You can do one of two things.

1 - Smoke the very smallest bit of pot with your tabaco (this is knows to reduce the chances of cancer by 3 times)

2 - The main thing that smokers face when they are going to quit smoking is the fact that they feel that they are loosing something by quiting smoking. The withdrawal symptoms are actually all in your head. you bring them upon yourself.

ALSO - IF you smoke a lot on your own remember why you began to smoke. -Because it was cool-... now smoking on your own, is that cool? There for if your going to smoke smoke while your with people so you can be -cool- and only smoke a little bit at a time and hold it in for longer. that way you dont end up finishing 4 packs in 10 min (it will also feel just as good)
Can I quit smoking permanently? -