Trying to quit smoking - on 2 days...how do I keep this up? -

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Trying to quit smoking - on 2 days...how do I keep this up? -


It-s been two days since I smoked last and my friends say that after the third day it-s all downhill. I-m cranky and mean and all I want is a cigarette. I really want to do this- I promised myself and others. What can I do to keep this up and not be so irritable?
You are doing well, 2 days is huge. Most people take 7-10 quit attempts to fully quit smoking...so don-t get discouraged.
Lifestyle modification:
1) get rid of cigarettes
2) avoid things that may make you want to smoke (i.e. if coffee does then replace coffee with tea)
3) when you realy feel the urge to smoke, rinse with mouthwash...this will make you want to smoke less because of the clean feeling in your mouth.
4) wash your bedsheets, your car interior, anything that can keep the smoke smell
5) If your friends are going to smoke, tell them it shouldn-t be around you

Drug therapy: Some people don-t want to...but I highly recommend it.
you are twice as likely to quit smoking by using the patch or nicotine gum!
talk to a pharmacist about quitting and use of one of these...they will advise you on what strength to use and give you more advice.
Head down to the pharmacy and buy a little pack of the nicotine gum. This was the only way for me. The stuff is pricey, and not too pleasant at first, but follow the directions, and have at it. It can really help with the cravings.

If the big pack costs to much, ask at the counter, they usually have small packs (10 pieces) back there. They keep em hidden, i guess, to stop shoplifters...

I originally thought switching to snuff (chewing tobacco) would be a good way to quit. Figured it was so nasty, no way I would stick with it. But I ended up addicted to the can. The gum was the only way for me.
wow two days is a big deal..congrats!!! ask anybody who has tried!!

yep being cranky, and mean.. sounds like real withdrawal.. i have a friend in my support group, who-s fond of saying - your allowed 3 homicides in your first 30 days-..the good news is that this passes.. actually most folks who have quit have found that the world is a pretty forgiving place.. many of us laugh about those situations now.. good luck my friend!!

should mention too.. that yes i attend a support group.. i attend Nicotine Anonymous meetings both locally, and on line.. on line meetings are as close as your computer, and your welcome to attend while still planning a quit, or already quit!! these meetings could answer a lot of these kind of questions..


Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
Get a prescription for Nicotrol (it-s a nicotine inhaler with replacable cartridges) or Chantix (a nicotine receptor antagonist, it will make cigarettes taste terrible). If you don-t want to go the medical route, drink coffee and chew gum. Have something in your mouth at all times.
stop buying packs. you could do it! i stopped for two weeks because i didn-t buy a pack. i know i could stop forever, i just don-t want to
Read some of these stories


http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.…


It should help
Trying to quit smoking - on 2 days...how do I keep this up? -