My dad quit smoking about 3 years ago. My mom and i are thinking that he went back to smoking. how do we tell? -

Monday, January 23, 2017

My dad quit smoking about 3 years ago. My mom and i are thinking that he went back to smoking. how do we tell? -


we want to be sure. My mom smelled that smoke smell in his work car. One of his sweaters smelled of smoke. How are we sure he-s smoking, we didn-t find any cigarettes. Are we crazy? I even said - I smell smoke on your sweater, and he said ohh...maybe it-s left over from when i smoked. only thing is he got that sweater last year from my grandmother. i walked out of the room and spyed on him. He started smelling his sweater. Is he smoking again?
have your mom kiss his hand romantically, stinky fingers are a sure fire giveaway.
he is.
just ask ,if he says no,and he is lying youll know .its a very hard thing to let go of,ive tried to quit lots of times!!!
Smoke in the clothes and car is a clue, but not evidience--he might just be overly accomodating to a smoking coworker or friend. When I used to bowl, I-d always smell like smoke when I came home.

The biggest clue for whether he is doing it himself would be his breath (your mom will have to check that) --does it smell like smoke or something to cover smoke that he usually doesn-t do, like gum or mints? The second is to smell his hand--most people forget to wash their hands after smoking, and that is a much better telltale than the clothes--clothes soak up the smoke, your hands will only reek if you were holding a cigarette.
well it could be he was near people who smoke. you cannot be sure if it is him who was smoking. i quit smoking a little less than 6 months ago, and the sure way to know that someone smokes or not is from their breath. it stinks. so stand close to your dad when talking to him and im sure you-d smell the difference if he were smoking again.
I would have to agree, have your mom smell his hand. The hand is the hardest place to get smoke smell off of no matter how much you wash your hands.
My dad quit smoking about 3 years ago. My mom and i are thinking that he went back to smoking. how do we tell? -