I have periodontal disease. Yesterday I had the deepcleaning. I quit smoking last week. Is 1 cig be horrible? -

Monday, January 16, 2017

I have periodontal disease. Yesterday I had the deepcleaning. I quit smoking last week. Is 1 cig be horrible? -


I have periodontal gum disease and just found out last week, when I suddenly had excruciating pain. I quit smoking as soon as I found out. Yesterday I got the treatment, which was the deep cleaning. I feel alot better. I-m taking antibiotics 3 times daily. I REALLY want just ONE cigarette. Would one cigarette make me get back to the state I was at last week?
Periodontal Disease is a chronic disease that is the result of long term oral health neglect. The condition of your teeth, gums, and jaw bone levels will only continue to get worse unless you make some serious long term lifestyle changes. If not the result will eventually be the complete loss of your teeth. Depending on what stage the disease is at, you can hope to stop or at least slow down the progression. The only way to do this is to change your oral hygiene habits in an extreme way. You must begin brushing (especially at the gumline) 2-3x a day for at least 2 minutes at a time. You need to be flossing once a day and seeing your dentist (preferably a Periodontist) every three months. Just as importantly, you need to quit smoking! Smoking speeds up the progression of periodontal disease (not to mention all of the other health problems it causes). Do whatever you can to quit. Oral health is much more important than most people realize and i hope that you take this as serious as it is. Good luck!
One: OK. Two: tut-tut. Three: total blow-out.
Sure. Smoking is bad for the teeth and mouth. I have been there and regret it. The earlier you quit, the better you will be.
Whoa, don-t do it! Just one will erase all your progress, it will retrigger the addiction and you-ll smoke and smoke until you-re right back where you were.
I-ve tried just about every method there is out there and there is only one I can recommend - NLP! It eliminates the cravings.
Gum patches and all the other just did not cut it for me, not to mention cold turkey which was the hardest, I even tried the electric cig and it is just no match to the real thing.
Check out this article:

Http://Quit-Smoking-Today.BestOf-The-Net…

it’s the one that got me off the cigs and smoke free for GOOD even without gaining weight! :)

Good luck kicking the habit!
Matthew.
I have periodontal disease. Yesterday I had the deepcleaning. I quit smoking last week. Is 1 cig be horrible? -