I am trying to quit smoking but I need that nicotine, I am bored? What can I do? -

Monday, January 9, 2017

I am trying to quit smoking but I need that nicotine, I am bored? What can I do? -


I have been doing these:

2. Keep very, very busy
3. Begin an exercise program of some sort.
4. Keep healthy snacks around when there is that uncontrollable urge to put something in your mouth.
5.Drink water

And I still have a strong urge
Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
Due to the unpleasantness of the withdrawal symptoms, many people who try to quit smoking end up replacing the cigarettes with some other type of addiction. This may be an addiction to prescription medication, such as sleeping tablets or tranquilizers, or an addiction to food. While you will definitely experience the health benefits of giving up nicotine, no one wants to replace one addiction with another!

A healthy diet, adequate exercise as well as natural and holistic treatments such as acupuncture, massage and herbal and homeopathic remedies can also help the smoker overcome nicotine addiction. Herbal and homeopathic treatments are a safe and effective means to reduce nicotine cravings (without giving you more nicotine) and will also help to prevent weight gain and alleviate anxiety and irritability. Basically, natural and holistic treatments not only lessen the urge to smoke, but also help you to restore balance in your body.

There are a number of ingredients such as Avena sativa, Garcinia cambogia and Gotu Cola (Centella asiatica) which will help to address the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. They reduce nicotine cravings and balance the mood.

More details on these are available here
http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/r…
along with dietary recommendations as well.
i have heard that nicotine-s can be as strong as addiction on heroin.
i believe that.

the trouble is, that smoking is not only about nicotine. it is a complex problem, which involves hands movement habit, social life, friends, smell of smoke and deep breaths in to get it deep into your lungs, and many more...

to battle this you can try yoga to control your thoughts, emotions, breathing...


you can start to chew nicorette (for example) and slowly cut the doses to an absolute nil.
it may take months and it will need your discipline, but at the end it will be healthy and free YOU.
I-ve tried just about every method there is out there and there is only one I can recommend - NLP! It eliminates the cravings.
Gum patches and all the other just did not cut it for me, not to mention cold turkey which was the hardest, I even tried the electric cig and it is just no match to the real thing.
Check out this article:
Http://Quit-Smoking-Today.BestOf-The-Net.com
it’s the one that got me off the cigs and smoke free for GOOD even without gaining weight! :)

Good luck kicking the habit!
Matthew.
I think you should satisfy your nicotine urge. You gain nothing by stressing yourself out. Don-t feel guilty that you allowed yourself some nicotine. But you should prepare a plan to slowly free yourself from your nicotine addiction. This site might help you:

http://www.u-can-quit-smoking-cigarettes.com
dont eat to compensate or you-ll have even more problems, you dont need the nicotine, that can give you cancer, find other outlets for your boredom
Try theseL
http://greensmoke.com/disc10-7735


You can get your nicotine without the other bad stuff. and work your way down. I-ve tried them for a week, and they are great!
Damn me too. I think i-m gonna have to buy some or play videogames.
Chew some gum! get your favorite flavor and chew away:)
I am trying to quit smoking but I need that nicotine, I am bored? What can I do? -