Help, I quit smoking, but now I cant stop eating!? -

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Help, I quit smoking, but now I cant stop eating!? -


My pants are getting tight. I quit smoking for my health, but at the rate I-m going I-ll have a coronary long before I ever would have died from lung cancer.
find a new hobby that will take ur mind off of smoking and eating
try to eat right.. it-s ok to eat as long as its healthy.. also, try to have self-control.. if the urge to eat sets in, try to distract yourself by doing other things..
If you have to eat, eat baby carrots.
Or Orville Redenbachers 100 calorie mini bags of popcorn. And have a diet pop.
Whatever you do, don-t go back to smoking. If you do, you-ll be a fat, overweight smoker (you-ll have 2 problems).
it-s normal, because food tastes better now, a few extra pounds is better than smoking. start excising to work it off
You may try chewing gum, or eating some low-calorie snacks. Drinking alot of water is good, too. It keeps you full. Sometimes thirst masks itself as hunger. You can talk to a registered dietician who can help you know what to eat. Good luck!
At first when you stop smoking, if you learn to find a variety of things to do when the urge comes, you can keep from becoming addicted to food or another THING. If you exercise even for five minutes when the urge comes, the endorphines that the exercise release can help with the cravings to smoke. If you have to eat for now, eat celery, it will satisfy the need to have something in your mouth, the oral fix, common problem wtih ex-smokers. It also has only about 35 calories as stalk, so you won-t gain a pound eating it all day long. Also, after about two weeks of it, as the smoking cravings go down, you-ll also be so sick of the taste of celery that you won-t want to keep eating it.

I don-t know how true this next one is, but some people have said that if they eat a very small HOT cinnamon candy, that it really helps. Now if you eat the whole bag, it may help the smoking but not the waistline.

Each day it will get easier, just keep active and when you have to eat, find very low calorie foods, if not eating your meal.

GOOD LUCK and DO NOT GIVE UP!
Try chewing gum. It helped me when I quit smoking.
Help, I quit smoking, but now I cant stop eating!? -