I just quit smoking and feeling very emotional? -

Sunday, January 14, 2018

I just quit smoking and feeling very emotional? -


I-m wearing the patch. Everything that-s in my head, falls right ou tof my mouth. I feel like I can-t stop it. Petrified I am going to say something off the wall to a client. I-m a pretty stoic woman and I don-t cry. I can-t stop now. Cried earlier about not finding a file. I-m on day 3 and I feel a mess. I am absolutely commited to quitting. I have been running and doing a bit of yoga and trying to keep my hands. How long will this last? Why am I emotional? Where is my net in my head that keeps things I shouldn-t day in my head? What is causing this? I am prefectly miserable. Except the air. It-s windy today and the air smell postively marvelous.
Well thank God it is Friday and hopefully you have off for the weekend. It is a chemical addiction that affects the pleasure center of your brain. Some people are more addicted to the nicotine and some people are more addicted to the actual habit. You are very addicted to the nicotine. I would accelerate the physical withdrawal, which creates the emotional dis-ease that you feel now by drinking a lot fluids, purified water and pure juices, sleeping more, and generally staying to yourself this weekend. Then you should take brisk walks in the cold during your lunch breaks during the week. Your emotions are not rational, but neither are drugs, and nicotine is a drug. You may say something off the wall..or cry for awhile, but try to remember it is the drug, not you.

However you may be a stress smoker on top of everything else so you must take up a healthful habit to control your stress level..read on.

You may want to get some meditation tapes, and relaxation tapes so you can impact the pleasure centers of your brain without the drug nicotine, and more importantly so you deal with stress better..overeating, and drinking alcohol are counterproductive substitutes to smoking. Also caffeine may stimulate your desire for cigarettes as well so try to reduce it a bit...
yeah did too and im kinda in the same situation.... just i have more han 3 weeks without smoking and im still emotional... but i guess it will go in a few days, just relax
Congrats on quitting smoking. I quit cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant and have been smoke free for almost 2 years. Unfortunately I couldn-t use anything like the patch since I was pregnant BUT I ate like crazy so that helped. You will get through it and venting about something that stresses you out even if it-s to your wall or pet will help tremendously. LOL. Seriously that worked for me. I yelled at my fridge and slapped it a couple of times since that-s where I spent most of my time when I first quit and it never talked back or got smart with me or told me off and I felt so much better afterwards.
I think that you need to talk to a counselor or your doctor because it looks like your feelings
are out of control.
spray windex
I would stock up on sugarless lollipops. Lots of diabetic products out there...gotta have them somewhere. Your probably still used to the motion of hand to mouth. You need to retrain your mind that the body is stimulated. Regular smokers do the hand to mouth thing several times a day..and evolved around periods of their schedule (eating, resting moment, stress moment....etc.). Eventually you-ll have fewer lollipops...try to condition yourself in baby steps. Sugarless lollipops will prevent your teeth from being subjected to cavities.
well, the weather seems nice.
I say this is your problem, and im sure its normal, i dont smoke, so i cant understand the problem myself. But if you-re depressed go out and socialize more with non smoking people, and during the convo try your hardest not to say the things in your head.

Nicotine Withdrawal

When smokers try to cut back or quit, the absence of nicotine leads to withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal is both physical and mental. Physically, the body reacts to the absence of nicotine. Psychologically, the smoker is faced with giving up a habit, which requires a major change in behavior. Both must be addressed in order for the quitting process to work.

Withdrawal symptoms can include any of the following:

dizziness (which may only last 1-2 days in the beginning)
depression
feelings of frustration and anger
irritability
sleep disturbances, including having trouble falling asleep, staying asleep and having bad dreams or even nightmares
trouble concentrating
restlessness
headache
tiredness
increased appetite
These symptoms can lead the smoker to again start smoking cigarettes again to boost blood levels of nicotine back to a level where there are no symptoms.

If a person has smoked regularly for a few weeks or longer and abruptly stops using tobacco or greatly reduces the amount smoked, withdrawal symptoms will occur. Symptoms usually start within a few hours of the last cigarette and peak about 2 to 3 days later. Withdrawal symptoms can last for a few days to several weeks.
i quit once youll forget about it about a week after quitting but the patch to me is like your still doing it good luck hang in there
First of all good for you for quiting! I quit about 2 years ago it-s not easy i think after a couple of weeks you will be feeling better,as with any other addiction when you stop your going to feel very emotional and in my case very cranky! For me after about 2 or 3 weeks i was better but that-s when i started eating a lot too so watch out for that one i ended up gaining quit a bit of weight but if you keep up exercise you will be ok...it-s hard work for a while but it-s all worth it in the end trust me and keep up the good work!
Hi there !
its normal...
take more fluids like juices at this tme of withdrawal time..okay ?
but...dont make it as a reason and start it again..ok ?
take more fluids, control your talking at this time, and you will be alright in 3-7 days.
best wishes..
This is proof that your life has become unmanageable because of cig-s. This will only last temporarily. Just accept that this is how you feel right now. You are going to be ok. Really you are.

You-re emotional because you are detoxifying your body, it-s so used to having a constant input of the chemicals that are in cig-s that it-s freaking out. I detoxed about a week.

Take the patch off....that thing will keep you hooked, it-s a freaking ploy by the manufacturers of the patches to keep you spending money. You-ll be hooked on the patches....don-t replace one thing with another. How did people quit before the patch?? They decided that they were done. Don-t look for a justification or rationalization to start again.

If you really want to quit, quit for the moment. Cravings only last a few minutes. just keep telling yourself that you don-t want to smoke at this time. You don-t have to smoke right now. Don-t think of it as forever, that will freak out your mind. All the emotional turmoil will end soon, and soon you-ll wonder why you ever smoked before.

Enjoy each moment, don-t make a problem out of life, find the solution to your problem and work in the solution. Enjoy life.

Peace.
That happened to me once. I was 15 and been smoking for 2 years, and inhaling, and quit for a week and I couldn-t stop uncontrollable laughter at things that were funny but not hysterical. You see there are these cells in your brain that crave nicotine and when they don-t get a spike of nicotine, key word spike, not a gradual, steady flow, those cells or neurons or whatever get nasty in your brain, causing a loss of emotional control. Switch to the gum unless you have to eat, then use the patch, but never use both at the same time. Good luck!!!!
Well your symptoms are absolutely normal. When I quit smoking I was 42 and in full form physically and mentally. Then out of too much exercise to help me quitting I had a slipped disc and I suffered a lot for months. Then I started to notice a slowness in my brains and a lack of concentration and loss of memorization faculties. It was appallingly hard to continue but I did. Then I gained almost 40 Lbs which was not a luxury or a prob because I was too skinny. Now 20years later I feel great, I do not look my age and I am in quite good condition. So the choice is yours : suffer temporary and very unpleasant side effects or be a wreck at 60.
so you are facing life without your normal refuse.
life is full of feelings. you are no longer numbing.
you will get used to it. addictions distance us from
our feelings. that-s one of the benefits.
but your life is fuller now. you can feel that you are a mess.
welcome to humanity.
one day at a time. good luck.
I quit almost three years age. So stick with it, it gets better. I found that everything I liked when I was smoking smelled horrible when I quit. I was a witch to everyone for about a month. I found that I was more emotional because every time something went wrong before I would smoke, and now you don-t have that crutch to lean on. I would smoke to suppress my feelings and wouldn-t say what was on my mind. I find now, I think about what I-m going to say in a tactful way , and let people know how I feel and what I think. You are going through a tough time and the first week is the worst. Take it on day at a time and remember why you are quitting smoking. keep exercising and watch that you don-t snack to replace the motion of smoking. Good luck, and keep up the good work . If someone is being a ***, let them know without being a witch back.
First of all, congratulations! Quitting is the best thing for you.

I quit in May when my daughter was born. I quit cold turkey (not the way to go). I was also very emotional. I wasn-t ever sad, but I was angry, alot. It was very easy to make me mad. I snapped at co-workers and at my wife alot.

I found that two big things made it easier:

1. Time. Each week I was a little less ticked off than the week before. Soon, I forgot all about being mad.

2. Each day when I got home from work I-d kiss my wife and she-d tell me how proud she was that I didn-t have a cigarette that day. Just that day. She never said, -I-m proud of you for going two weeks - or two months - without a cigarette-. She simply told me, -I-m proud of you for not having a cigarette today-.

The emotion will subside as you work the habit and the addiction out of your system. Good luck, and again, CONGRATULATIONS!
You are doing the right things. Maybe you can find a helpline that can answer your questions or google search smoking. I get like this when I haven-t had a coffee.
I just quit smoking and feeling very emotional? -