How do I quit smoking? -

Saturday, January 27, 2018

How do I quit smoking? -


I really would like to quit smoking. I know there are so many reasons why I should, physically and financially. I hate the smell of smoke on my clothes, in my car, etc. and I can-t stand when other people smoke around me. My only obstacle is that I actually really, really enjoy having a cigarette, and that keeps me from going through with trying to quit. Is there anyone else out there who really liked smoking who was able to quit successfully, and if so, how did you do it?
This is a tough one. I quit for 4 years - had to do it cold turkey. My husband used the patch - I couldn-t it caused me rashes. Unfortunately. I was weak and started again - stress, etc. I-m weak. Good luck. I have heard there-s a new medicine that-s great and my doc recommended it. It-s called Chantix. I-m really considering it. We-ll see. If you want more information, the website is www.chantix.com. I haven-t tried it yet, but it comes highly recommended.

Edit: Don-t listen to -mind-over-matter.- Nicotine is an addictive drug. You will need help. I know from experience. After 4 years, I started again and want to quit again and am trying and have had to seek professional help. visit the website I referred to above and talk to your doc about it. You will also need to be strong mentally, but you can do it and so can I.
Stop lighting cigarettes. It-s not a disease, it-s not an addiction, it-s a habit. Replacement therapy works as well. I quit a couple of years ago, by keeping hard candies or gum in my pockets. When I-m at bars, I keep drinking; alternating sodas with alcoholic beverages, of course.
Mind over matter. Don-t buy any smokes!
y dont u get hypnotized? some people say it works!
that-s nice to hear..all you need is self-discipline..ask yourself first how many packs of ciggarette you can consume in a day?.. let-s say for example 5 packs..then have a goal..the next day reduce it to 4 and so on..until 2 sticks per day..later on you-ll realize that you get rid of smoking.. GOD Bless..
U stop. Contact a doctor 4 help.
They make a hand gel that-s called nicogel. I heard it works pretty good. all u have to do is put in on ur hands and it gives u nicotene through ur hands. So now all u have to worry about is second hand handshake instead of second hand smoking. hehe
My friend did it cold turkey. He just put mind over matter.
I stopped the 1st of January this year after reading Allen Carr-s book -the easy way to stop smoking-. I really enjoyed smoking before I stopped (I have smoked a packet a day for 15 years). But after I read the book I just didn-t want to smoke anymore.

If you think about it, how enjoyable is it actually to inhale poisonous smoke through your lungs? Wouldn-t it be more enjoyable just to inhale clean air, which your body needs? Please read Allen Carr-s book, he explains all the myths about smoking - that we as smokers believe - and after reading it you will want to stop smoking. Don-t cut down, or stop before you read it. You don-t have to use will power or go through horrible withdrawal symptoms. First you will decide you will never smoke again, and when you feel ready you will smoke your last cigarette.

I know I have only been a non-smoker for three weeks, but I honestly can say I will never smoke again. I hardly ever think about cigarettes, and I didn-t experience any horrible with drawal symptons. I am just happy I don-t smoke anymore. And yes, before I read the book, I really enjoyed smoking.

You can read Allen Carr-s latest book about nicotine for free at
http://www.easywayscotland.co.uk/Scandal…

It will make you start thinking about cigarettes and nicotine in a different way. But unfortunately I can-t find -the easy way to stop smoking- anywhere for free - but it just costs three packets of cigarettes : o )

Good luck.
i was a chain-smoker but i hate smoking now.plz follow here the ways below:
1) u should have a very strong will n always psych up urself.
2) don-t go to those smoking areas n away urself from smoker at least 4 six mth.
3) u w-d always feel ur tongue itchy n u always want to spit,eat something like menthol sweet,hack sweet n chewing gum.
4) do more exercises like swimming,gymp,aerobic dance,yoga etc.in order to have a good sweat.
5) sleep early at night n wake up early in the morning,some jogging 4 fresh air in the morning.
if u really follow my above ways,u can forget the smoking like me now.remember to persevere!

best wishes.
stop putting that death stick in your mouth GOD! 13itch
You will stop when it is time to stop. If this is your time to stop, you will need a 72 hour detox period away from stress and responsibility. Forget the patches and gum, they only prolong the agony. Once you are detoxed, you will simply adapt to being an ex smoker. And you must accept that you cannot risk even one cigarette, for one will set off the addiction all over again. And yes, some cigarettes are quite enjoyable but you will simply have to live without that pleasure. It-s history. You will adapt.
See how sneaky nicotine is? Smokers think we actually enjoy smoking..NOT TRUE! We enjoy the feeling we get from nicotine..think about it next time you have a cig. Do you really enjoy sitting there inhaling smoke into your lungs and then walking inside wondering if you stink or do you like the relaxing feeling you get after you have a cig. It-s all a mind game..just have to look at it a different way. Good luck!!
All I can suggest you can do is cut down gradually until you-re not smoking anymore. However, in my opinion, the VERY BEST way to quit is to never ever start in the first place. I just wish I knew that before I tried it.
my time to quit.com
If you truly want to quit smoking, you will do it, no matter how hard it seems but you have to make up your mind. I tried 6 times before this current one, which has been 1 month now. (cold turkey) The physical cravings were strong for 4-5 days, but not strong enough because I had my mind made up. Now I don-t even want one or to be around them. The mental cravings will take longer. Try chewing gum or sucking on candy. Doing physical activities also helps a lot.
my mother always smoked, always. she liked it, couldn-t live without it.... she quit, fast and for good (so far), first try with some new med (available within the past few months), go to your doctor and ask about meds to help you.
I did the patch and it worked wonders! That, and keeping active and keeping busy so I didn-t think about smoking so much. Also maybe getting together with other people, whether on here in chat, etc to talk about quitting and getting over the addiction.
I am on day 22 of no smoking after 13 years of smoking (since the age of 15). I feel like I was in a similar situation as you as there was part of me that really liked my cigarettes, but I also hated the smell, as well as the perception by many others of smokers being -dirty-. As a health care professional, I also have seen the long term effects of smoking so that was a big motivation.
However, the one thing that really helped me to quit is the fact that I would like to have kids in the next few years, and I want to give my baby(ies) the best possible chance in life, which they wont get if i am a smoker. Every time I think of having a cigarette, I think of how much MORE I want healthy kids. It really helps to have a concrete reason not to, because you can always find a reason to (had a bad day, stressed out, out with friends).
I spent a couple of weeks being somewhat antisocial, but was able to go to a bar with my friends this weekend and did ok. I have to say that the commit lozenge has been my lifesaver. I dont know if I would have made it this far without them, and I have been slowly cutting down on these. It helps you get rid of the psychologic aspect of the disease (habits like having one after a meal, when stressed, etc) without having the absolute torture of the physical nicotine withdrawal. GOOD LUCK!!!!
First You Got To Want To Quit.
think about that will happen to you when you will get older and try nicoderm
and I will never smoke not in my entire life!
I used to smoke, drink, eat too much, you name it, but when I decided to quit, I just did, that is it. You gotta really want it then you can. If you come up with excuses of why you can-t or why you should just have one more cigarette, you don-t really want to.
Just say you-ll quit and do it. It really is that simple. Sure you are going to have cravings, but they will pass. You might even gain some weight (I never did) so you-ll lose that too. Like one of the answers said, it truly is just willpower. Believe in yourself, consider yourself worthy and strong enough to do it. And if you fall of the horse, don-t use that as an excuse to start again, don-t be too hard on yourself, just stay the course. Truly, you can do it
And Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-):-):-)
dont light up another one
I really enjoyed smoking, but it came down to a pack of smokes or putting gas in my car, the gas won out. It was hard work, I went cold turkey, I really think this is the best way to go, it gets the nicotine out of your system the fastest, it takes about 3 weeks for this to happen, the way I survived it was by eating Altoids, a very strong mint, I would eat two any time that I couldn-t do with out a cigarette, then I would take three deep breaths and inhale the Cinnamon, (that was the flavor I used) this would help the craving, I also tried to stay away from friends for those weeks because I knew that I was very moody.
don-t buy any more. I quit cold turkey and never looked back. You really have to want to quit
Well, My mom is allergic to patches and smoking gum so..... She threw all of her cigarette-s out and started chewing Trident* gum when she really wanted one. Shes been doing this for a month and its working pretty well.
Will power...
go to
http://cancer.ca/ccs/internet/standard/0,3182,3172_12971__langId-en,00.html

cancer.ca
and
cancer.org
they have lots of suggestions
How do I quit smoking? -