Since I quit smoking why am I addicted to food? -

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Since I quit smoking why am I addicted to food? -


Ever since I quit smoking 2 months ago I can never get enough to eat. I am not hungry but I am allways munchie. Will some one please help me before I become to fat to stay quit?
that is because u used to put something in ur mouth which is cegarets and there is a soluation to it
try to eat gum all the time
munch a gum.....food is a total different addiction nothing to do with cigarettes but equally harmful
Freud would probably say you have an oral fixation...you have switched from one habit that concerns your mouth to another. Its natural...but thats why most people chew chewing gum when they quit smoking!
1. You are satisfying a need for oral stimulation.
2. Quitting smoking enhances your sense of smell, and therefore your sense of taste. (Actually, it just resumes normal operation...)
3. You need something else to do with your time. When you were bored before, you would smoke, now you eat.
4. Nicotine is an appetite supressant. You got your appetite back when you quit.
Nicotine dulls your appetite plus you have given up a habit that kept you from thinking about food. Try chewing gum.
I am experiencing the same thing.I think your bodys craving nicotine and the only other thing it naturally craves is food.
simple ur fat lol
one of the benefits of smoking is getting your sense of smel and tase back to normal so things tase better and you can smell things better.
One reason is your taste buds are recovering from years of abuse so food taste better. And your have less to do during the day for both your hands and your mouth to do. Try chewing on gum and other low cal things during the day, and pick up a hobby that uses your hands allot, like crossword puzzles.
You-re substituting... Why do you think people gain weight after they stop smoking?
you have a habit of having a cig. in your mouth so now that you dont have a cig. you use food.
The urge to smoke is very similar to urge to eat. So when you quit you confuse the 2 urges.
Try a book called Allen Carrs Easy way to stop smoking this is what I used it was great. And easy.
If I can help you shed that weight you-ve put on let me know, I-m a personal wellness coach
because when you smoke food tastes bad so when you stop smoking it starts to tast egood and you want more of it
Food tastes better now, don-t eat anything unless you really, really want it!
You have to be honest with yourself.
I quit smoking 5 years ago this Dec 31, I was real sleepy at first, not terribly hungry. It was like I was in a coma. Apparently it effects different people different ways.
Don-t give up! Congratulations on the 2 months!
Since I quit smoking why am I addicted to food? -