How do I quit smoking, fast? I am a christian so theres that aspect and i have asthma,please help? -

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How do I quit smoking, fast? I am a christian so theres that aspect and i have asthma,please help? -


u can try to use nicotine patches for some time (as perscribed on the label) this will help u overcome the psychological addiction/craving...during this time try to get into new habits, hobbies, interests etc..
when u finish the perscribed dose, beat the physical addiction by staying away from smokers, avoiding places with smoking there, do something u like to do, distract urself, exercise etc
u might have some symptoms from withdrawal like headache and irritation.. use mild pain killers and use relaxation techniques or meditation ...
i would also suggest that during this time save the money u-ld normally spend on ciggies and then when u succeed u will end up with a good amouont of money, reward urself and buy something that u really wanted...but dont do it unless u r completely over smoking..
overall it-s not gonnna be very easy but with courage it can be done..

hope this helps
don-t light them-- its just willpower you need--------- good luck.
Put out the one you are smoking, and don-t light up again, It won-t be easy, but it-s fast and it can be done. Good luck
The only real help I can give is my own experience.
I went along with a saying from the old days that if you can manage to quit and hold out for three days, you can make it I tried it seventeen years ago and it worked.
I really struggled after the three days but I managed to get past it.
I started telling myself after the three days I am not going back to that nasty habit.
I noticed for almost a year that I would get a little twinge of feeling that i wanted a puff, but I got by it by reminding myself how hard it was to quit. I did not judge what others did as far as smoking, I remembered that it is legal.
Do not try to reform other smokers because you will turn out miserable.
Try not to become a reformer, just a person who does not smoke. You are a Christian, so am I. Ask Jesus to help, he will. I can be around a person who smokes now, I don-t make a big deal of it, I just remove myself as soon and politely as I can. As a reformed smoker, the stuff actually stinks to me now.
Decide that you want to quit.
Seek help from your county health department office. Many of them have stop smoking campaigns.
Ask God for help and strength for the next few days. God does answer prayers about this.
Nicotine gum. Chewing tobacco has chemicals that cause cancer far worse than cigarettes. Chew that gum when you need to, Nicotine isn-t the agent that kills you (cancerwise, I dont think), even though is is more toxic than rat poison. Just dont overdose on the gum, Nicotine is toxic. That is my advise.
Just stop! If you feel like you-re going to punch someone in the face, try nicotine gum to take the edge off for a few days.
Clinical hypnotherapist, nicotine gum, and support groups. Good luck and do it NOW! Asthma and smoking? Recipe for disaster!!!
Just stop and stay away from smokers
I am in the same boat, and I agree. Just quit and that will be that. It isn-t easy at the best of times, and even harder to do when there are three other smokers in the house. They talk about nicing out, or they announce that they are going for a smoke. It is tough, but I will be free of that nasty habit, and they will be paying 20 bucks a pack, slowly killing themselves, having yellow teeth, and horrible breath. So when I look at it that way, I am willing to go through the withdraws to better myself.
p.s. I am rooting for you.
CyberNara
It wont be that fast, but if you are VERY DEDICATED...you would stop!!! Also, pray to God...
is to decide to quit ...
Jesus did not smoke. You should not smoke either. If you smoke you will die soon. You will also be poor. There is plenty of free help for you in the community.
What does being christian have to do w/it?
You have to quit, and if you are a christian, you would get the strength from God. You know your body is the temple, and have other christians pray for you.
Once you make up your mind to quit, you will. It doesn-t mean it-s easy, but nothing worthwhile is. Even if there were no health issues, why would anyone want to smell like that?
what does your religion have to do with smoking
buy ur self some nicotine gum - hav a big chew , ya -a really big chew-
brush your teeth every time you feel the urge to smoke .sounds weird , but , it worked for me ... also pick up the patches , they help too .
you can quit smoking by diverting your concentration by anmean but should be good mean, ok.
how fast? u shold quit it as you start how fast u learn to smoke?
no religion advised to smoke , so if u r a christian there is nothing to do with it. if u smoke u will get the reflection at the end of ur life.
becuase even i was chain smoker, but i left it because i want to proof myself the i can be adict to it in the same way i can get out from it.
so what is my advise is there is no need to proof yourself with others or asthma reasons. just do for urself, u can get confident in ur life to live in better life.
best of luck
u cant quit right away..try, if u smoke 5 sticks a day, try reducing it to one stick a day then eventually, u get use to not smoking anymore,u get tired of it..also keep yourself motivated..how??think of the harmful causes of smoking to your health..
bad breath,bad odor
How do I quit smoking, fast? I am a christian so theres that aspect and i have asthma,please help? -