What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Thursday, July 23, 2009

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


I have been trying so hard to quit and it is soooo hard!
I have tried lozenges and don-t like them.
Please help!
Nicotine patches worked for me but they gave me very vivid bad dreams. Remove them before you go to bed and apply right after taking a shower in the morning if you have the dreams too.

Gum. I should buy stock in Trident. Chew the crap out of it when you-re craving. I also munched on baby carrots so I had something to do with my hands. That helped.

It-s really hard to unbreak the habit but keep at it and eventually you-ll be free.

Good luck!!!
I-ve tried many different ways to quit smoking including the gum, patches and cold turkey and I always found myself lighting up again. It was about 2 months ago when I started to have a quarter-life crisis because I was turning 25 and didn-t feel like I accomplished much. I decided I wanted to do something really important for myself and I have decided to quit smoking. Tomorrow is my birthday and the day I set for myself to quit. I-ve cut back a lot over the last 2 months and tomorrow I will no longer be smoking (cold turkey from cutting back). It-s my birthday gift to myself. My idea on how to quit may seem silly but it is working for me. Dig deep and discover a way that will really work for you.

Sometimes I really feel like I need a smoke, especially when I-m not keeping myself busy. I bought a sewing machine to keep my hands occupied and I try not to sit on the computer as much because it was one of my triggers.
You have to have your mind set on quitting. I have been smoke free since the new year and I feel awesome. Besides gaining a few pounds it was the best thing I-ve ever done for myself. I did it cold turkey after previously failing with patches. When you-re REALLY ready to quit it-s alot easier than you think. Good Luck!
Allow yourself another addiction to replace the one you-ve got. Some people choose gum, some booze (bad idea), some exercise. I chose food. *shrug*
I gave up on 8th August 2006 and I-m 20 pounds fatter than I was then. Now I-m working on weight loss but I-m as happy as a big fat non-smoking clam.
It-s the best thing you-ll ever do. :-)
There are other programs that can help you quit:


http://www.havetoquitsmoking.com/quit-sm…


That program is good at helping your break the habit mentally and physically.
I did it cold turkey. It is hard at first, but if you REALLY want to stop, cold turkey is best. Good luck.
Whenever you need a smoke, have a jelly bean.
to really want to quit, and go cold turkey
you shouldnt of started in the first place
dont do it.
What is the best way to quit smoking? -