Quit Smoking and have questions about how I should feel? -

Monday, July 6, 2009

Quit Smoking and have questions about how I should feel? -


I have stopped smoking, 4 days now but seems a century, I hurt worse in my chest and lungs before I stopped smoking, is this normal, does anyone know the side effects I will feel after quit smoking?
Hang tough. It is very hard to quit, that-s no b.s. When I quit For the 1st couple months smoking was about all I could think of. Even months after that I would have very vivid dreams about smoking. Hard, but so worth it. Best of luck.
I quit smoking in January of this year with the help of Chantix. With the exception of 1 ciggarette on Memorial Day weekend I have been smoke free, good luck to you. I think what you may expirencing may be more mental than physical. I swore I couldnt breathe but it was because I was so anxious all the time from not smoking. I can tell you it is a battle, even now with how many months under my belt I still have that craving, sometimes I see someone smoking and can picture myself drop kicking them, taking their smoke and giving in. So please stay strong, get lots of gum and suckers to help with the craving, and if you havent tried Chantix, see your dr. I was a 23 year smoker and could not have quit without it but I can say I will be a non smoker now for life. It-s amazing when you quit you truly realize how bad we stunk.
Your body will be adjusting to the fact it is no longer inhaling cigarette smoke. It is all perfectly natural and nothing to worry about. Your pains will be gone within a few days.

I bet you have heard that quitting smoking is the hardest thing you will ever do. Your body will not function properly, you won-t sleep or eat, you will get the shakes etc etc

Trust me when I say these are all lies. When I quit I was waiting for all these things to happen but none of them ever did. The only thing I felt was the occasional wanting of a cigarette. As time goes on this passes and quicker than you think too. The longer you have stayed smoke free the easier the quitting process becomes.

There are no real negative side effects to quitting, only positive ones. You have made the right choice, believe you can quit and you will.

Good Luck and Good Quitting
Your body is trying to make you go back by making you feel sick. Do not forget that all those killer chemicals are leaving your body. Be bigger and better then the drug. My friend died recently from lungcancer and she was a light smoker. Be strong. Take it one day at a time. I used the patch to quit.
good for you i am at 4 days as well. My chest hurts too, but like a lot of people have said, i think its tar and all the other crap. good luck and don-t give in. I went cold turkey how about you??
Its probably your chest and lungs trying to heal. Sounds like your on the right track. Keep it up its one of the hardest habits to kick but the payoff outweighs all.
I felt like that too. I was told it was all the tar and crap loosening up. You-ll probably be coughing up and spitting out some gross stuff soon. Congrats on quitting!
Jet tough it out. It is better for you in a long run when you quit smoking.
Quit Smoking and have questions about how I should feel? -