Quit smoking yesterday, what was your motivation? -

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quit smoking yesterday, what was your motivation? -


I am trying to conceive so felt it was a better time than ever. I have quit in the past for a few years but went back socially and it just got out of hand. I also seen that commercial where the guys foot is green from smoking, anyone seen that GROSS!!! And it was smoking not sugar...

I find it very difficult this time, I work at a small office and 2 othe people smoke and they smoke right at their desk so I smell it often...It-s hard but I have to do it...
It will be 2 years for me this Dec 31st.

I used the patch...careful you may have to put it on and take it off after about 15 mins.

They keep the edge off.

I thought in 15 minute intervals. If I wanted to smoke I would say -wait 15 minutes and see if you still want to-. Without fail everytime, I would get busy at work or with dishes ot a tv show and forget about it for several hours. Then the craving would return and I-d repeat the process again.

Eventually it got to where I thought of it only 3 or 4 times, then 1 or 2. I still get the urge maybe once a week, but since Dec 31 2005 I have not had ONE single cigarette!

Oh and don-t ever say to your smoking buddys -well, one won-t hurt- they-ll be like -oh no, you can have one-

good luck!!

Oh..my motivation was getting engaged and knowing that I would want a baby soon after. My wedding date was 1 year off and I wanted to give myself a chance to fail and try again. Fortunately I was very, very serious and I made it.

Oh..and if you slip don-t beat yourself up. Just start over

One more thing..your smoking co-workers will gross you out after about 2 weeks, so it can actually be good motivation. My husband smoked IN OUR house while I was quitting.
Congrats on quitting! I quit a month ago. I haven-t felt better in my life. My motivation was my five yr old son telling me if I kept on smoking, I would die....geez, reminded me of the show -Are you smarter than a five yr old- lol. I quit for me and my child.
Quitting smoking is bad for you! It causes brain damage
I just didn-t like it when I was smoking, the taste of tar after you smoke didn-t make it worth doing.
Quit smoking yesterday, what was your motivation? -