Is cutting down a good way to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Is cutting down a good way to quit smoking? -


I use to smoke almost a pack a day, but now I-m down to less than 4 a day. I also switched over to light cigaretts and don-t cover up the holes in the filter, or take longer drags. Is this a good way to eventually quit smoking?
I think it is! That exactly what I did, smoked for 30 years too. Just keep setting small realistic goals for yourself. One thing that helped me completely stop was that I never told myself that -I was NEVER going to smoke again...- I-ve always thought that I could have a smoke if I ever wanted to - but now I-m just not interested in it.

Improving my diet and getting some physical activity and enough sleep, plus drinking enough water helps tremendously too.

Cheers,
BB
In my opinion no it is not. Depends how you feel about waiting for your next cigarette, if you focus on it and find it difficult to wait for or find yourself checking the time until you can smoke it, then you will probably never stop that way. Letting go of those last few cigarettes is very difficult if you have no other way of preparing to stop. I tried cutting down several times and usually levelled out at about 8 a day. Take the plunge and just stop, prepare yourself, think of as many reasons to stop as you can, write them down. Pick a day and go for it and don-t look back because that is the day you become free from smoking.
it depends on what works for u ive tryied everything out on the market ( gum, patch, pill etc.) and it all depends on ur desire to quit (whether u really want to or not and have the will power) if uve done this well on cutting back u might want to mark a day on ur calender as a -quit date- and when that day come just stop and after u get past ur first week it will slowly get a lil easier but u will still crave and may be a lil grouchy
no because your craving will just be worse when you finally decide to quit. get on the gum and follow the directions. it can help if you really want to quit smoking
yes just cut down one cigarette every week or 2 weeks and and eventually you will be to no cigaretts
Is cutting down a good way to quit smoking? -