Ive quit smoking and am using patches. Its been 2 days. How long til it gets easier? -

Friday, July 17, 2009

Ive quit smoking and am using patches. Its been 2 days. How long til it gets easier? -


I smoked about 20 a day and its still pretty tough but the patches help. I find myself going into a daze and find it hard to concentrate. How long does this last???
It doesn-t matter how hard it is, it is SO worth it! Just imagine how hard it is telling a loved one you have cancer. Keep going X
Honey, I am in the same boat. It-s been 2 months and it is getting better. The daze lasts a while. When you find yourself dazing, try jumping up and down really quick. Gets the blood pumping and knocks you back into reality. You can always call a quit line for support but I don-t like to talk to them. Take deep breaths...oxygen is euphoric in large does. Try putting cotton into a straw and inhaling through it. It really does help. Good luck hon! Don-t let it control you. You-re in charge.
about 2 weeks but you probably get cravings till you die depending on how long you-ve smoked for.

It-s my stong opinion that it takes a full year of smoking to get properly hooked.
Usually quiting something like this takes around 2 weeks to get easier. I quit smoking a year ago and still get the odd craving now and again, but I just put my mind somewhere else.
seems to vary from one person to another. i-ve heard some people say it got much easier after just a couple of weeks. for me it was a few months b4 it started getting anything that could be called anywhere close to easy... it DOES get easier though! stick with it!
after i got to about a year i finally reached a point where i pretty much never even thought about it any more.
when i quit i found it helped me to, instead of constantly telling myself that i couldn-t have any more, keep telling myself that i can wait a few more min... a few more min... i might not be strong enough to think about forever, but i-m strong enough to get by without a smoke for a few more min... then a few more... and a few more.... until the minutes turn into days and weeks and months... good luck to you
I am on day 4, cold turkey, no patches, nothing. I had insomnia first 3 nights, and i am getting headaches, like hangover feeling, without having had a drink. It`s nicotine withdrawal, it only lasts a week or two, my hubby gave up 9 months ago, so i know what to expect. Just stick with it, it will get easier, knowing you are not the only one helps as well, i am going through it here, but determined to quit for good. You will feel wierd for a while, spaced out, but it will pass, couple of weeks maybe. Good luck!!
Unfortunately it varies from person to person. It could take a week it could take a month. Whatever you do, don-t be discouraged and don-t gage yourself by someone else-s time frame. You are you. Good luck, I know it-s not easy, believe me I know.
Keep on your path and you will eventually get over the feeling. After it-s over, then you-re done. It might take quite a while to get over it. I don-t smoke but i am trying to quit drinking as much soda pop every now and then, and it-s tough. So, you just have to hang on a little more. Remember, if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.
for me about 2 weeks
It takes alot longer then that dude i know.
I was smoking 3 packs a day and quit cold turkey maybe 10-12 years ago. The first two months were the roughest. I still think I want a smoke once in a while. Then I smell one and know the damn things stink and just smelling it turns my stomach. Hang in there. You have to be stronger than the craving. When it gets bad, if your able, go for a walk, jog, run then drink plenty of water. Just get over the hump without giving in. Cravings peak, then level out. When I stopped smoking I was coughing up blood. Today my chest exrays look fine. Remember the damn things are 1) killing you 2) killing anyone you smoke around. 3) expensive
sob dont know cos i just lapsed...
According to the research on cravings, the worst cravings are the first three days with NO Nicotine. If you are using patches, you are slowly withdrawing from nicotine, so it lasts longer, but is less intense. You have to work not only on the physical addicition, but the social and psychological addiction as well. Try to make a complete lifestyle change. Take it one day (ok one hour or one minute ) at a time. Delay-Distract-Drink Water- DO SOMETHING! Anything to keep your mind off smoking. Don-t be a slave to the habit. You can do it and if you relaspe, that is ok. Keep trying. Good luck, God bless, and keep trying.
ITS NOT BIG DEAL.EVERY TIME YOU LIKE A CIGARETTE DRINK A GLASS OF WATER OR RUN 200 YARDS..
It will only get easier if you have Jesus in your heart... he burned on the cross so you have the freedom to do what you want with your body. Repent and start reading the bible on a regular basis. Let Jesus substitute as the death sticks in your life.
No idea.. I-m not a smoker, but wanted to say congrats and keep it up!
Ive quit smoking and am using patches. Its been 2 days. How long til it gets easier? -