For those who quit smoking: How long after...? -

Saturday, September 23, 2017

For those who quit smoking: How long after...? -


you quit smoking does the cravings for nicotine subside? Two days? Three? or does it depend on how much you-ve smoked per day or how addicted you were? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

By the way, I was thinking about going with the Commit Lozenges - do they work?
i had good results from lozenges and have been smoke free 2 years. the cravings will slowly get better over time, but i-d say the first 3-4 days are the absolute worst. i know how much it sucks, and some days i-d still sell my kidney for a butt, but you gotta do it, and if i can, you can. my mum smoked when she was pregnant and i often say i-ve been addicted since conception! i smoked 14 years. yes, you can!

http://medicinerx.net/zyban.php


.Zyban is what you need to quit smoking for good! Zyban worked wonders for me and helped me finally give them stinking cigs up. I bought Zyban online from medicineRx.Net. they were super fast and I did not even need a prescription! They use only US licensed Doctors and Pharmacies so you can order with confidence! good luck and zyban WILL get you to quit for good!
The cravings never go away.
nicotine last up to 3 weeks in your system, after then its a mental additcion.
I smoked a pack and a half a day. Very very addicted. I quit using the patches. Since the patches contain nicotine, it-s like spreading the pain of the nicotine withdrawal process over 10 weeks rather than a week or two. But, I couldn-t have quit without them. I recommend them highly.
Everyone is different when it comes to quiting I had quit for 3 years cold turkey because I almost missed carried and I never missed but the second I tried to I haven-t been so successful but I am now going to start a medication called Chantix. It works differently than other things because this medication is works directly on the brain to block the cravings and the way it tastes when you smoke. It is new but I heard it has a good success rate. It has to be prescribed. Hope you achieve your goal. Good Luck.
I have been off the smokes for 6 and a half mos. now.I still wish I could have a drag,but i know that I cannot.I used the patch for the first week,just to get through the roughest part,and they did help!I am 55 and have smoked since I was 12 it was such a cool thing to do.I now look 65 and have very deep wrinkles,not so so.I do wish you the very best! To those that can say,just throw them away,i hate you!
OMG...........thats right.......i have to quit..on new years eve....now im gonna be even meaner...and probably gain a bunch of weight...crap...this s.ucks...
two weeks... though there are certain triggers that are tough to topple, like after meals, for me going outside, checking e-mail in the morning... good luck!
Well...I-m one of those dreaded -older- guys...I like 2 tell folks...-Quitting smoking is easy...I-ve done it 27 times...- Well...now it-s been nearly 20 yrs since my last cigarrrette. I started the -patch- when it was a prescripotion. My Dr. insisted that I sign-up 4 a stop-smoking class, b4 he would write the Rx. grrrr! Well, well, he was right ! I HATED that I had 2 go 2 some stupid class to hear that I shouldn-t smoke. I was 100% WRONG! They taught me all sorts of stuff...that the actual Nicotine is gone usually after 72 hours (3 days). Also, that I would need to -change- any routines that I smoked @. For example, if I smoked when I got out of bed...don-t have them in the bedroom. If I sat - smoked while on the phone. Stand up - walk to a different room to talk on the phone. Etc. etc... I had to -change- a ton of little stuff...that - the Patch seemed to work 4 me. It was, in my case, the hardest thing I have ever done. I had smoked 2+ packs a day for 30+ years! But...I DID IT - SO CAN U!!!! We are all different, - what works well for some, may not work well 4 others. To those -Saints- that just throw them out the window...kudos...I would have just gone 2 buy more...lol There are TONS of Support/Help groups - stuff out there....U can DO THIS! Please ask 4 any - all help u need...I am walking proof it is possible...Good Luck to you....- God Bless...
It usually takes about 3-5 days from my experience. I tried the patch (terrible). Finally went with Nicotine gum (worked very well)!

But if you use Nictotine gum, it-ll take care of the Nicotine withdrawal. Quiting cold turkey, with no Nicotine is BRUTAL.

I tried that once.
The first two weeks is the hardest !! If you can make it through the first two weeks, then you should be all set. Also change your habits. If you used to smoke when you would talk on the phone, then try not to talk on the phone too much for a while. If you always smoke after you eat, chew a piece of gum or read a book for a while. Cinnamon is good to help with cravings, buy Cinnamon tooth paste or gum. Good Luck
Its very hard to tell the difference between craving for nicotine and craving for cigarette. They become almost as one craving.

Ask your doctor about the new medication for smoking called -Chantix- It seems to be working really well in the control group
They never totally subside. Plus, don-t waste money on scams like that gum, patches and such. If you want to quit, just toss the cigs you have out the car window and just don-t buy any more.
My hubby quit over a year - 1/2 ago - he smoked 3 packs a day and said once in a while he still wants a cig. but to help him get over it he finds something to do, play with the dogs, take a walk, mess around in his shop, so that might help you to.
GOOD LUCK
I quit 2 years ago but that was after I was diagnosed with lung cancer. the thing i talk through keeps me from smoking but I do enjoy a nicotine patch every once in a while.
its been 6 months since i-ve quit smoking after 6 yrs of it. for me the immediate nicotine cravings took a couple of weeks,but i quit cold turkey. every now and again i miss the feeling of having a cigg or just having one with my morning coffee or for the social thing at work. if you-re quitting remember its a lifestyle change that you have to make too. you might have to stop drinking coffee or alcohol for a short while until you build up that mental resistance to say no to a cigg. i wish you all the best of luck and remember if you-re really ready then you can rise above the cravings and tell yourself one day at a time.
For those who quit smoking: How long after...? -