When you quit smoking how long does it take until you never ever need one again? -

Saturday, September 23, 2017

When you quit smoking how long does it take until you never ever need one again? -


im quitting and need some will power and someting to look forward too while quitting
Some people never lose the cravings as such...I-m coming up to a year and still would like one at times. I keep gum handy.

The best thing you can do is get a clear container and put your daily cigarette money in there every morning and watch it build up....I-ve got £700 in there, i-ve dipped into it for christmas and to buy wooden flooring that I just couldnt afford before....that and the gum and keeping busy on here are what have kept me nicotine free. I joined Q-A on the day I quit to keep me occupied so I do owe some of my success to this place
From personal experience - i found it easy - until the triggers came along. When i am drinking alcohol, when my spuse lost her will power etc.
There is a physical withdrawal from nicotine but in my, and many other peoples opinion, it is minute.

Let me give you a scenario that i wish someone had given me-

It-s your first ciggy - it gives you a buzz - you have another one the next day - and so on. But this is pre 2nd world war - nobody knows that nicotine is addictive - so you don-t crave.

Nowadays you have heard that cigs are addictive- so you know that you will nedd one two or three hours after your last one - so you crave.

There are countless stories of people who have given up heroin - just by a change of lifestyle (Vietnam vets) and never craved because they were outwith the situation they took heroin.

PS
I speak to heroin addicts all the time (in my job) and they tell me (after i-ve asked obviously) that heroin is easier to kick than cigs.

In my opinion Cigs is easy - the physical withdrawal is gone after 72hrs. Just ride it out and never think of a fag again.
I quit smoking a year ago, and I cant honestly say the feeling 100% goes away. For the most part it does, but there are certain times when I feel like if one was in reach, id have one.

I noticed for me, after 2 weeks, I started to feel better (as in headaches and irritability), and then after a month, I didnt feel like I needed one at all times. I kinda stopped thinking about it so much. But after that, theres little things that set it off. Like, when my husband and I go out and have a drink, I want one. It used to be when i was driving I really wanted one, but that was more of a habit of sitting the car having something to do, than the smoking itself. I think its kinda the same when my husband and I go out drinkning. The only nice thing is, although it sounds nice, and for a moment I may want one, I can tell myself no, and the urge goes away within a minute.

Keep up the hard work. Its soooo worth it. And believe me, things get easier as the weeks go on!
Never. You-ll always -need- one at time-s of intense stress. The key is willpower. Forget the motivation crap, it will become meaningless. You need to be determined I dont -need- to do this, I -want- to do it. I am choosing a healthier me. I dont -want- to smoke. Use nicorettes, they-ll make u hate smoke later. The problem is u-ll get addicted to them like me and Obama.
Hehe ,i dont want to be a killjoy here but u will have days even in 5 years time when u fancy a ciggarette

U are a addict and always will be ,but remember every time you have that craving and beat it and sit back and take a deep breath then you will give yourself a little bit more chance to not end up on some breathing apperatus wheezing and unable to breathe properly and you shall feel better about youself

stay strong
People who Smoke Can-t Tell how bad they Smell, So the longer you keep off the Ciggys the sooner you be Rid of that Smell, and enjoy what Food tastes like, Your Cloths , Hair and every thing you touch will be Fresher,So Good Luck
Although smokers who have given up can almost be considered as smokers who are currently not smoking, after 2 years the odds against restarting are in your favour.
your cravings will subside but throughout ya life you will have moment where you will think -god i need a ciggy- lol cant say the F word for ciggy on here, so american lol
I wish I knew because I-m always quitting but never stay the course. If you manage it please let us all know, and good luck.
Well to be honest, my grandad quit 25 years ago, and he says he still gets cravings once in a while
That would vary on the strength of your addiction.
Your body craves nicotine for just 48 hours. You wanting one will last for the rest of your life. FACT!! Good luck!!
5 min
good luck to you that-s all I can say
When you quit smoking how long does it take until you never ever need one again? -