How to quit smoking? -

Monday, September 18, 2017

How to quit smoking? -


I-m not a smoker ,but my friend is ,and I want a easy way for him to stop.
Perhaps he could investigate a web search for -nicorette activestop-.
The short of it is: You can-t help him. Ask any smoker you want who has successfully stopped and you will find out that it is THEIR decision when THEY are ready. You can talk your head off. They can watch their parent, brother, lover, die with lung cancer because of smoking, and they won-t quit until they find THEIR reason. Sorry. There absolutely isn-t an easy way to stop, believe me.

He has to have the guts, and the strong will to make it work.

I am sorry. I ALSO was a smoker of 35 years and I watched my own dear husband and soul mate suffer emphysema and lung cancer, and I took care of him at home until he died in my arms. I would take breaks and go smoke!!!!

I quit 4 months after his death for an entirely unrelated reason.
That was 4 years ago.

Good luck
I am an RN
There is no such thing as an easy way to stop smoking. There are ways to help you but it still comes down to will power. I used Zyban (not the generic) and nicorette gum. I used Zyban as directed and started cutting down on the number of cigarettes, when I really wanted one and it was too soon I used nicorette gum. When the day finally came to stop smokin completely, I also stopped the nicorette gum and switched to regular gum. This is where your will power comes in. Keep busy, take a walk, other than eating, stop doing the things you associate with smoking. If you usually have a cigarette with coffee, switch to tea or a international coffee anything you don-t associate smoking with. Next think of something you really want to do or a person you want to show up, anything to keep the drive up, you can be nice later when you are a non smoker. Finally reward your self. If you have managed to stop for 3 days, have an ice cream sunday or something small like that, after 30 days give your self something bigger. I decided if I made it 30 days I was giving myself new dishes. I bought a complete set with service for 12. It has now been going on 8 years, I am still chewing regular gum, but its a small price to pay. Do expect to gain a few pounds (10 +) its natural, once your system settles down you should be able to easily loose those extra pounds as long as you don-t replace food for the cigarettes.
You could make your friend a deal, if he gives up smoking you could give up something, or you could plan a trip together if he stops smoking. Just don-t nag at him , that will only make him dig his heels in and resent you.
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.
have him get an RX for Chantix..its kinda expensive..but most employers offer a smoking sensation program..making the pill free or darn near free
Psychologist-s FREE Instant Hypnosis For Smoking Cessation MP3 Audio Download and link to FREE copy of Allen Carr-s -Easy Way to Stop Smoking- Best-selling ebook can be found at
http://www.QuitForFree.com
I like the concern you have for your friend, but sorry to say, you can-t help him stop if he doesn-t want help.

By -easy- you mean quick and painless. There is no such way to stop because smoking is an -addiction-. By definition, breaking from an addiction brings on some degree of trauma, and it can take time to get past it. It varies for everyone how long and how difficult that is.

There is no fast and painless method, but there are ways to make it fastER and LESS painful. More than a pill or a patch, your friend needs to learn about the addiction, how to stop, and needs to have support to answer his struggles as they occur. Send him to this group (when he-s ready):
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NicotineBusters

I-ve been stopped now for 4 years and owe it all to that group. They really are different. And tell them Daisy sent you. -g-

Daisy
The truth is there is no easy way to stop smoking, lots of willpower.
Try EFT.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu…
How to quit smoking? -