I quit smoking 2 months ago, since then I keep clearing my throat from phlegm, is that a sign of disease!? -

Friday, September 8, 2017

I quit smoking 2 months ago, since then I keep clearing my throat from phlegm, is that a sign of disease!? -


No, it doesn-t mean disease. It means the lungs are trying to get rid of what you put in there for years. I spit, coughed and hacked for over a year after quitting. It eventually goes away. But if you are concerned that much, go to your doctor and let him check. I hope you are already feeling much better from quitting. Hang in there!
Nope, it means your lungs and body are getting rid of all that phlegm from you smoking for so long...this could take months, so bear with it and get thru it, congrats!
its just your body cleaning itself out

it can take up to 5 months

i stopped over a year ago , and to begin with my cough was way worse than when i ever smoked

it will get better , but if you are unsure , like anything else that worries you medically its best to see a doctor , just for peace of mind

congratulations on stopping smoking , i know how hard it is


all the best
Ian
EVERYONE WHO ANSWERED SO FAR IS CORRECT. YOU ARE CLEANING OUT YOUR LUNGS, IN SIMPLE TERMS. GOOD FOR YOU. IT-S HARD TO QUIT, AND SOMETIMES PEOPLE START SMOKING AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE SYMPTONS YOU DESCRIBE. IT WILL STOP, AND YOU WILL FEEL BETTER.
it is not a disease
the smoke causes irritation of the bronchial tree leading to increase amount of sputum
u can take acetyl cysteine syrup one spoonful 3 times daily for one week and try to stop smoking
I quit smoking 2 months ago, since then I keep clearing my throat from phlegm, is that a sign of disease!? -