I am trying to quit smoking pot and i am finding myself losing sleep? -

Monday, September 18, 2017

I am trying to quit smoking pot and i am finding myself losing sleep? -


its as if my brain just wont shut off and at night when i lay down its like it goes into overdrive if anyone has any idea of how to make this problem go away please let me know
Try smoking a spliff, that-s what I do
you will have to break your habbit mr.
thats normal.

use a patch and it should mitigate it
You should try to listen to calming music, not extremely loud but gentle music. Try something musical only with nature tunes, as well as reading a chapter(if you can stomach reading) also exercise might also help to exhaust you
Why are you quitting?! It-s a wonderful way to fall asleep. I can-t wait til I have this baby so I can light up again.

Go on and give me a thumbs down, ignorant folk. It-s a plant, a natural part of the earth and has been used in medicine for thousands of years.
i started taking 1/2 of a tylenol p.m the first week and after that the problem went away.
It takes a while to get out of your system especially if you smoke every day. Drink lots of water and take some vitamins to speed up the process. Start exercising a couple hours before bed to wear yourself down. Or try reading while in bed. I am an avid reader but if I read in bed I will fall asleep. This feeling will eventually go away but it will take some time. Something I do to help me fall asleep is rub my eyebrows gently. Going in the direction of the hair. Or I will take my thumb and rub a circle between my eyes. This always helps me get sleepy and it helps with migraines too. Good luck!
Exercise or working will help as you will not only be tired but it is just good for the body in general. Ever try the herbal teas?
Sleepy-time is a good one....just a natural way to relax you. I mediate when I feel overwhelmed or stressed out and it works like a charm.

Sometimes other things cause insomnia such as ADHD, BP, Anxiety Disorder, and many more. I would discuss all this to your doctor tho as he knows your medical history and is of course the physician. =)

Good Luck!!
Find something else to occupy your time with. If you used to smoke before you went to bed maybe you could try to exercise before instead. Something that will keep your mind off and put some tiredness back in to your night.
try smoking a doob before bed
Try getting some second hand smoke... Works the same without inhaling a big cloud of smoke!
Its really just time unfortunately. It is a symptom of withdrawal. You could take a sleep aide once or twice but I wouldn-t recommend prolonged use! Good Luck - It sucks but it gets better, I promise. It took me about 2 weeks to get over it.
work out so when you have to go to sleep your tierd
see a doctor!!!!
You have to replace it with something else. Try something positive like exercise. Good luck.
That probably means you are starting to get a NORMAL amount of sleep instead of sleeping 14 hours a day from the weed effect.
The only thing that-s going to make it go away is TIME....sorry but that-s how it works.
Occupy your mind with something you don-t think about. Try listening to music, not something that makes you wanna go jam or gets you going...something almost boring.

Trying to sleep with racing thoughts sucks. Sometimes I also deprive myself of a full nights sleep so that by 10pm, I-m dog tired.

You just have to mess around and find what works best for you.
try chewing gum.
That-s quite normal. I smoked a lot during college and noticed that it was suppressing my dreams. When I stopped all the dreams came flooding back, weirder than ever. Pot does a lot of stuff to your brain (any drug does). You just need to ride it out and eventually things will get better.
One 5 mg. melatonin and 2-3 valarian root capsules both over the counter and works great haven-t tryed the kava kava yet.
its normal... when you smoke pot your brain goes into slow motion mood giving you time to fall asleep between thought.. when you dont smoke it stays in a constant state of motion and thinking... all you have to do is eat right before bed and if that doesnt work try taking some sleep aid for the first few days of not smoking anymore.. but only for the first few days.. you cant subtitute one drug for another
why did you start in the first place
yeah very simple methods drink hot milk have a hot bath relax yourself way before you sleep as soon as you need to sleep go to bed or try taking herbal sleeping pills like nytol from your local chemist i am trying to quit smoking as well its dam hard as long as you don-t think about it why cant they invent cigarettes with the same taste same everything but are actually healthy now that-s a stupid thought.
It takes a while for your brain to return to -normal-, usually about 60-90 days.

Stay away from exercise, food, and bright lights for at least two hours before bed.

You might also try a small cup of milk before sleep.

Good luck!
lol at the guy who said start drinking!
start drinking.
I am trying to quit smoking pot and i am finding myself losing sleep? -