Can Anyone help me find a way to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Can Anyone help me find a way to quit smoking? -


Ive been trying to quit for 2months now and i just can-t i get to the second day and i just give into cravings I tried wellbutrin and that didn-t work. I need to quit. plz help
Did you take wellbutrin appropriately? My doctor told me to take it wrong...she said to take the pills and quit immediately; I couldn-t. Then, my daughter-s grandpa was quitting smoking with the same stuff and he was having success. We were talking about it and he said you were supposed to keep smoking for at least 2 weeks after starting the pills. It has been 7 years that I have been quit now so I can-t remember exactly how to take the pills, but I know you take a certain dose for one or two weeks then you double your dose. After doubling the dose, cigarettes started to feel ineffective and I smoked more; then they started tasting gross and so I started smoking less. Of course you do have to put some effort into it and choose not to smoke when it is tasting gross. Within the first month of taking the pills you are supposed to pick a quit date...closer to the end of the month rather then the beginning. Then as that date is approaching you are consciously cutting back. Then you stop on your quit day. I have to say, it was a bit uncomfortable but so no where near the discomfort I experienced when I tried to quit smoking during the first week of taking the pill. I used mints to substitute for cigarettes (for something to do). I made it through day one and each day was easier. The hardest thing is to change your mindset with your lifestyle. The desire stays for a long time, but with effort and determination, you can do it! I smoked for most of my life. I smoked my first cigarette when I was 6 (my sis thought it was funny to see her lil sis smoke) and I began smoking regularly at 11. I quit when I was 28. I had periodically quit smoking (when i was pregnant), but nothing lasted more than several months. Since I used wellbutrin, I have never had another cigarette since the day I decided to give up smoking. It has been 7 years! There are other ways to quit and none are simple, but with motivation and will power you can do it! You are stronger than you think! Don-t let yourself talk you down when you are having a craving. The first day really is the hardest as far as cravings go. Once you have been quit a week you won-t want to start again because you will feel wealthy! I remember thinking where did I get all this money from!!?? You just don-t realize how much you are wasting until you quit. Talk to your doctor who can offer you suggestions on other methods to quit. Smoking puts you at risk for cancer. Not just lung cancer but many types of cancer. Quit now and in 10 years your risk will be the same as a nonsmoker! Good Luck; I know it is hard, but you can do it. Be strong!!!
Buy some subliminal cds on quitting smoking. It stopped my friend Ron from smoking since 1988. It is now 2007 and he is still not smoking.

You can also go to hypnotherapy.

Good luck!
You will be successful as soon as you decide that -you- are in charge. Stop cold turkey. It is the best way. I know of that which I speak. Good Luck.
think of something you really like/admire/respect.. and try to use it as your inspiration to quit, u know its bad, smoking will lead to very bad things, so just quit, think of your loved ones who dont smoke, try to txt, chew gum, come here, pick up another hobby, get some pro help. just really stay commited, and good luck to you
1.Do some exercise
2.Drink more (liquers)
read a book like me and so many other people I know (and millions I don-t know)

it-s entitled -Allen Carrs Easy Way To Stop Smoking-

trust me it works, no gimmicks, no weight gains, no nothing, just freedom and the abilty to become a nonsmoker


http://www.allencarrseasyway.com/

I only smoke on the weekends now. Try going it for a week and reward yourself on the weekend and then stare Monday in the face. It-s all in your mind.
Go to your doctor and get a prescription for Chantix. It is awesome. I quit with ease after 25 yrs. of smoking. Don-t give up!
I don-t smoke, but:

Have you looked into ear stapling?
Hmm.. are there any away from home treatment centers for this addiction? Might be a good investment if you look at how much it will cost you (finacial and life quality) the rest of your life to continue smoking.
I tried everything from hypnosis to accupuncture, without success. Here is what worked for me and very painless. Use the patch, according to the directions, and go through all the recommended steps. If you smoked alot as I did, then also buy the 1 mg. box of gum. You will get urges even with the patch. I bit one of the gum squares in half and chewed that when the urge was too uncomfortable. I only needed that extra support for a few weeks. Then the patch was fine. However, even after you get done with the patch a craving will hit and be really hard not to give into. I keep that gum with me always, just to be sure I never have a weak moment and give in again. This system worked easy, and you can do it!
The newest drug is called Chantix and works wonders. See your family doctor for a prescription. Good luck.
Drink green tea! It helps my bf to quit his 15 years of smoking addiction! Green tea would also help to rejuvenate your internal system as well as clarify your outer skin complexion =)
Try this: do not come into contact with tobacco, smoking accessories, or smoke, even if second hand.
Just stop and don-t do it. even if you get cravings.
If you were a really healthy smoker, it-s going to be more difficult than just telling yourself to quit. You need some help. Either try nicotine gum, or the patches or something similar. Your body will go crazy if you just take the nicotine completely out of your system so fast, because if you have smoked a lot, you are mentally and physically addicted.

Talk to your doctor, see what they recommend.

And, good luck. Good for you for making a healthy lifestyle change. :)
Accupuncture, hypnosis
just quite--simple--do it
I quit 20 years ago after a scare..this is how my doctor made me list all your dead family and friends with there ages and how they died smoker non smoker. my father 2 packs aday age 50 my grandfather 62 2 packs the oldest my grand mother 95 non smoker all the rest smokers none went past age 70.. make sence
Find something else to do. Some you really enjoy.

Hang out with friends, paint, go watch a movie, chew gum.

I-ve found that when people quit smoking, they need to get their mind off of it either with a nicotine fix or with a new, yet somewhat healthier addiction like foods. I think occupying your mouth with some other enjoyable thing might help fight off the cravings.

For example, my uncle is an avid smoker, but when he isn-t smoking, he chews A LOT of Wrigley-s gum.
my Dr. told me to smoke my normal amount the first day but count them, then she said each week to smoke one less, she says it takes awhile but that it weans the body off the cig. without withdrawals and cravings!
Can Anyone help me find a way to quit smoking? -