I have quit smoking 14 days today? -

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I have quit smoking 14 days today? -


Have you quit smoking? How did you stay quit? What tips can you give me as my cravings are very big. I am not using patches or anything as I want the nicotine to flush out of my system.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
Kudos, well done!!!
I quit 10 yrs ago. Gum helps, but I used the patch, it didn-t really help. One of the things I learnt is the habit is harder to break than the addiction.
It helps if you change your actions around the times you most want to smoke. Go for a walk after meals. Every time you feel like a cigarette have a big glass of water.
You can do it.
YAAA!!!! GO GO GO.
Cheering helps, share every day with a friend or family member, someone on your side.
Beware of smoking dreams, every quitter I have talked to gets them. You wake up thinking OMG I went out and was smoking last night. You get very angry with yourself and sad too. Then before Your foot hits the floor you realize that you stayed home last night. Then your relieved and amused.

Kudos again for your accomplishment.
My son helped me to quit, he told me he didn-t want me to die..worked for me. I replaced the cravings with my favorite gum and getting active, it helps to keep the mind off of it.
No, I haven-t quit yet, but I am sometime soon...Congratulations to you though, I hope to get to the point were you are at
I quit cold turkey........and never went back...cigarettes are killers
good for you that you quit....chew gum if you think about and crave smoking..good luck..
Congrats on two weeks! I chewed gum and that worked best for me. I have a friend who took up knitting so she had something to do with her hands while she was watching tv. Good luck. I know it is hard, but it is worth it.
CONGRATS,YES,I HAVE, WILL POWER,SUCKING ON HARD CANDY,YOU WILL GET HEADACHES,TYLENOL SHOULD DO THE TRICK. GOOD LUCK AND BE STRONG I BELIEVE IN YOU,REMEMBER HOW HEALTHY IT IS FOR YOU
Hey way to go!! I quit smoking 2 yrs ago. I smoked a pack and a half for twenty years. I did use the patch and gum for the first couple of weeks. I chewed on straws and avoided social situations that made me want to smoke ( going to the bar). I kicked the hand to mouth habit first, then weaned off the nicotine. After 14 days the nicotine in your system is gone but you will still have to fight the terrible cravings for another couple of months. I still want a smoke when I get a whiff of one. But I know if I lite up it-s done I-ll go right back to it. Just fight the good fight and keep up the good work.!!!
I quit in March last year. I did cold turkey but at the same time I had hayfever so it was even easier. I just started eating properly and walking cos I was paranoid about the -phantom weight gain-, which isn-t true if your active. It-s surprising how after a few weeks your tastebuds start to work again and your senses come back to life.

Just keep yourself occupied. Anything overly exciting tended to bring on my cravings but they don-t last too long. You just need self control. Good luck!!!!
Its not just the nicotine. Its also the other 50+ chemicals they out in cigarettes. Also the main problem is habit.
We have been used to having body sensations which we translate as -my body needs something, which we have attempted to satisfy by having a cigarette.
When we try to stop smoking, we still get these -my body needs something- sensations, and we still feel that we want a cigarette. We have to train our body to be more selective. When we feel we need something, we have to work out what it is that we actually need.
A glass of water is an excellent substitute if nothing else comes to mind, as it helps with the clearance of the toxic substances in our body. Another good substitute is a bag of salted peanuts, used in combination with the water.
Another thing to do is to find an activity which occupies the mind or body. Go swimming - nobody wants to smoke while they are swimming. Slowly, as our body adjusts and translates the -want something- feelings into something other than cigarettes, then the feelings begin to go away. We know its not a cigarette that the body really needs, because as soon as we-ve had one we still have the feeling, and want another!
Fasting can get the nicotine out of your body. See this site with quotes from 11 MDs.


http://phifoundation.org/fast.html

Good job! I am a non smoker, but on my opinion, you should fast for a while and relax and when your mind tells you to smoke, just ignore it, and you-ll be fine. That-s how I got off eating too much cake and coffee!!!
I so need to quit, but the bad part is that I like it...I know I know, we arent supposed to think that way. It is killing me, and stinky, not to mention expensive - just been so hard to give up. Ive tried over and over..

Congrats to you though - keep it up!
your best bet is to get a hobby something that involves thought and focus but yet something that you engoy doing. for me it was assembleing those plastic model cars. If you are going to do something like that though start with the simple ones so you dont get stressed and want a cigarette. Another suggestion is to think of really close friend and every time you desire a cigarette call him/her about what is stressing you out and about your craving. these two tricks helped me i-ve been without a cigarette for 2 years after 5 years of smoking.
!!!heres the info on smoking!!!
Its bad 4 u
It can kill u
You can get lung cancer
You can cause second hand smoking for others
It can be addicting
IVE never smoked

How 2 stop?
Fight the craves with other good stuff like veggies and fruit
Every time you want to smoke think about what ur Doin 2 u and others
Tell people you want to quit .... they can help u stop

thats all i got hope u succeed
Bravo! I wish I could do the same. Keep it up!
Try going to the park every once in a while to get away from stress, or hang out with some friends. Less stress you have the less you-ll feel the need or craving to smoke.
Don-t think about as in hours or minutes or days. It will only seem like it has been forever since your last puff.
Get support from family and friends. Call them when you think you might start again.
Stay away from tabacco shops and don-t but any ciggeretts.
Chewing gum, cooking, taking a walk, watvhing a movie, being with friends, you know just activites you become caught up in so you don-t think about smoking.
It is a long road but it is good that you stopped.
I have quit smoking 14 days today? -