Why is it SO hard to quit smoking? -

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Why is it SO hard to quit smoking? -


I smoked almost 10 years ..almost every day - was able to put them down like that. No hypnosis, Zyban, patches or gum. I also didn-t turn into a porker. If anything I lost more weight. Same with coffee - liquor which I rarely touch either.
It-s harder than most people think but hardest of all can be the will power and determination of a MAN.Both are true.Can be done.
I have never smoked, but have observed the battles of people around me to stop smoking. For example, my girlfriend. She quit very easily when in love with a non-smoker by putting a potted plant in the middle of the ashtray and then telling her love, -I can′t smoke anymore because there′s a flower in my ashtray.- The flower was then a gift to her love. Later, when infatuation faded and she started to look around for someone else to love, she discovered most of her candidates were smokers and that she still longed, after five years of abstinence, for the fragrance,flavor and feel of a cigarette. She discovered though, that -you can′t have just one- and the instant addiction annoyed her. Now she continues to try to be a social smoker, going through the withdrawal symptoms over and over again...From this example I see that quitting is not the actual problem. It is, first of all, finding the desire in yourself to quit and second of all, not being seduced into going back by sexy people with lighters in their hands offering contact by sharing a taste for tobacco.
TO QUIT SMOKING IS HARD !! I LIKE YOU QUIT WITH NO TROUBLE . I KNOW NOT ALL PEOPLE CAN DO THAT . BUT DON,T QUIT TRYING !!!!! I,M ALSO A RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC AND I,VE BEEN SOBER FOR 32 YR-S . THE 2 BEST THINGS I,VE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF !!! KEEP GOING
its to do with your brain.... when you start smoking it increases the amount of receptors in your brain that crave nicotine.... when you stop supplying it, the receptors go crazy.... there is actually a vaccine available, that cuts off the receptors.... maybe you didnt have alot of receptors or the receptors didnt react to the nictotine.
If you were able to put them down so easy, why in the world did you spend a whole 10 years killing yourself slowing with tar? Not to mention all the second hand smoke you put out in those 10 years! if you were not addicted and it was that easy to just put them down why did you chose to smoke? I don-t understand.

When I quit smoking it was hard, very hard, because I was addicted. I got through it though and am sooo glad I did.
Why is it SO hard to quit smoking? -