What was your best method of quitting smoking? -

Friday, September 16, 2016

What was your best method of quitting smoking? -


Been smoking for about 3 1/2 years now, im 18, and i want to quit, but i dont seem to have the will power, i used the gum and inhaler but nothing, alwas went back to it. Help? =) I smoke 1/2 a pack a day
Went to a hynotist (Romane) on Feb 19, 2005 and haven-t smoked since. This was after the patch, gum, Zyban and cold turkey all failed. I figured what-s another $75 after all the money I spent on all that other useless stuff? Good luck, and oh yeah I quit after smoking 18 years!
For some people it works if instead of smoking, you eat mints. I think it works, because I don-t smoke but I love mints, it keeps my mind off of other foods. Also, if you think about how you could die VERY early if you keep smoking, or maybe think about your girlfriend, and how she would love it if you quit smoking, or something like that. -good luck quitting!
i used the patch, i had smoked for almost 10 years. it worked great. My husband also used it, we-ve been smoke free for almost 13 years : ) good luck!
Without a doubt, the nicoderm CQ worked for me. First, identify your triggers. Mine were...behind the steering wheel, on the phone - when I had coffee. Then I placed healthy snax in those locations, such as carrot - celery stix, cinnamin sticks, etc to feed my hand/mouth addiction. Also, drinking distilled water (up to 7 gallons) helps pull the nicotene out of your system quicker. The Nicoderm patch absolutely cut my cravings. I smoked 2 1/2 pax for years - now I-ve been smoke-free for about 15 years.
Determination and -cold turkey- is the only way. I found that out when I was up to 3-4 packs a day and couldn-t breathe.

Chow!!
Try the nicotine patch. I never smoked, so I-m probably not much help, but good luck.
Eating. Every time you have a cig your body releases sugar into your bloodstream which is why smoking acts as an appetite suppressant. Try eating grapes. I was going through 3 or 4 bunches a day for the first week. I ate a lot of other rubbish too, I-d avoid that if I were you. You should find the cravings diminish with time.
Use that with patches to kill the nicotine withdrawal and you might be golden.

Remember, you will only quit if you-re ready, quitting because you probably should generally doesn-t work.
I am a recovering smoker of 10 whole days :) I know my method is one of the worst, but I don-t have the $$ for any of the aides. I quit cold turkey, the things that helped were staying away from my friends that smoke and reminding myself that I want to be around to see my children grow up. ( if you don-t have any, think of the things in the future you may miss by cutting your life short) A big thing that helped, I am only 22 and had to go in for a biopsy of some spots in my mouth on Jan. 30 to see if I had oral cancer, found out yesterday I don-t, thank God, but it was enough of a scare to make me not want to smoke anymore. Some things that may also help is when you want to smoke chew a piece of gum, suck on a hard candy, something like that. I know my suggestions are probably not very helpful, but this has worked for me for 10 days and counting. GOOD LUCK - STAY STRONG!!
ask your doctor about -Chantix- it is a new prescription med that blocks the brains receptors that take nicotine. I-ve dispensed a lot of it lately, and people tell me it-s working.
I-m 43 and have been smoking since I was 18, pack and a half a day. I quit cold turkey, it has been 6 months. Cold turkey is the only way to quit a real addiction. All those gums and inhaler, and patches just aide and cover up, they are still supplying you with the drug. If you are serious, just put them down and walk away, done.
I went cold turkey and PRAYED. I smoked for 12 years and quit 4 yrs and 2 mos ago.
I don,t think there is a best method I just take it one day at a time and try to find the will power from somewhere.
What was your best method of quitting smoking? -