I just quit smoking and want to run and lift. Is there some sort of begginers program I can do? -

Thursday, September 1, 2016

I just quit smoking and want to run and lift. Is there some sort of begginers program I can do? -


I-m 26/m.
Absolutely. Try walking slowly outside for five minutes, jog for five (or until you feel too tired to jog any more), and start running lightly for as long as you want to run, and then repeat the process backward (jog, then walk). If you feel faint at any time, slow down.

As for lifting weights, start low weight (bar without weights should do it) and build up.

Simply add time/weight when you feel up to it.
I sell a nutritional supplement/diet product on my website, however, I have several documents with weight loss tips including a beginner-s exercise routine available on PDF if you-d like to download it. Click on -Success Tools- at the website listed below and you-ll see the PDF for the Walking Program.
Good luck and congrats on stopping smoking! I quit 3 years ago and I feel soooooooooooooo much better. Wise of you to start working out too. I gained weight right away after I quit because I didn-t get any exercise.
Congratulations. I don-t quite understand your question though. Do you mean an excercise program? Running is easy, just do it, but don-t overdo it.
CONGRATULATIONS ON QUITTING!!!

I am one month into quitting. Every day is a struggle. I smoked for almost 10 years.

I rewarded myself by getting a membership to the local rec center. I have been working out 3 days a week for the past 3 weeks. I use the elipse machine for about an hour. THen do some light lifting on my legs and arms for about another half hour. I ususally walk around town on the off nights.

HINT - I replaced the pack of smokes I always carried around with a bottle of water. When I have a craving, I take a swig and it goes away. I am drinking up to 10 bottles everyday and feeling great. Haven-t peed yellow in a month HAHAHA

Don-t know what will work best for you - but do something. YOu won-t regret it!!

Remember - the physical addiction to nicotine passes after 3 days, after that it-s about the mental addiction. Cravings last about 10 seconds, you can wait it out.

23/F
do you have a have a YMCA nearby? They have great programs, esp. for beginners...if not, start slow, esp. if you havn-t been working out...15-20 minutes of cardio every day(moderate activity) is good..mix it up..not all running...weight lifting every other day start slow..so you don-t get too sore and get discouraged....Well Done for quitting smoking!!!
I just quit smoking and want to run and lift. Is there some sort of begginers program I can do? -